Monday, December 12, 2011

Dictation

Carlos and Jennifer went to the mall. They were going to watch a romantic movie. However, they had to buy some candy before going to see the movie. Carlos wanted popcorn and a large soda. Maria wanted candy and a small Sprite.
1. What type of movie were they going to see?
2. What did Maria want to eat?
3. What did Carlos order?

Mario is about to buy a new car. He likes Japanese cars like, Honda and Toyota, but he is looking into Ford and Chevrolet because they are cheaper. A Honda costs $19,000 and it has AC, Power windows, power locks and a 5 year warranty. The Ford is $18,000 and comes with AC, Power windows, power locks, and a 10 year warranty. It also offers a sunroof. Something the other cars do not have.
1. What are the differences in price?
2. What is the difference in warranty?

I love to eat ice cream. I usually order vanilla ice cream with oreo cookies. My girlfriend likes chocolate ice cream with gummy bears. I have tried chocolate ice cream, but I do not like it. She likes vanilla ice cream with oreo cookies too.
1. What type of ice cream do I like?
2. What type of ice don’t I like?
3. What does she like in her ice cream?

Today is Monday and I have a lot of things to do. I have to go to school, the bank, and work. First, in the morning I have to go to work. Then during lunch, I have to go to the bank. Lastly, I have to go to school. My life is very busy.
1. Where do I have to go during lunch?
2. Where am I going in the morning?

Last week Miami had beautiful weather. During the day time it was 70-80 degrees. At night it was in the low 70’s. This week, the weather has gotten a little warmer. During the day time it is in the 80 degrees and at night in the 70 degrees.
1. What was the weather like last week during the day time?
2. What is the weather like this week in the evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment